Duration of the course shall be four years including internship.
6 weeks vacation shall be given each year.
The aim of the undergraduate nursing programme is to,
- Prepare graduates to assume responsibilities as professional, competent nurses and midwives in providing promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative services.
- Prepare nurses who can independent decisions in nursing situations, protect the rights of and facilitate individuals and groups in pursuit of health, function in the hospital , community nursing services and conduct research studies in the areas of nursing practice. They are also expected to assume the role of teacher, supervisor and Manager in a clinical / public health setting.
- Demonstrate understanding of life style and other factors, which effect health individuals and groups.
- Provide nursing care based on steps of nursing process in collaboration with the individuals & groups.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skill in making decisions in all situations in order to provide quality care.
- Utilize the latest trends and technology in providing health care.
- Provide promotive, preventive and restorative health services in line with national health policies and programmes.
- Practice within the framework of code of ethics and professional conduct and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries.
- Communicate effectively with individuals and groups and members of the health team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationships and teamwork.
- Demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals and groups in clinical / community health settings.
- Participate effectively as members of the health team in health care delivery system.
- Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills in clinical / community health settings.
- Conduct need based research studies in various settings and utilize the research feedings to improve the quality of care.
- Demonstrate awareness, interest and contribute towards advancement of self and of the profession.