An area measuring over 527.61 Square metres has been allocated by Gokul Educational Campus for the construction of the library building. It plays a vital role in enhancing the academic and research growth and overall development of the Educational campus.
Gokul Educational Campus has state-of-the-art Central Library that stocks 20,424 texts and reference books and 79 subscribed nationally and internationally reputed journals, magazines, periodicals and an exclusive collection of industry reports, case studies and industry information database for research. Dwelling on new digital initiatives the campus library caters to the academic interests and research needs of the students and faculty members of the University.
There is an exclusive Digital Library Section with sizeable number of classified textbooks and reference materials in CD format. The library has Internet connectivity to browse through E-journals. The reprographic section has Photo Copier, Scanner, and Printers. A separate study area has been allocated for the Faculty. The reading room has the capacity of 100 students. No effort is spared to equip the students with all the information they would need for their career growth. Library offers membership to current students, faculty members and alumni of the campus.
Library council had been constituted for the purpose of smooth functioning and coordination amongst all institute libraries, faculty members, students and the management. The library council has below mentioned members:
|Deputy Director general|
|Principals of all Institutes||Members|
|Heads from Institute of Technology, Diploma studies||Members|
|Two senior faculties from paramedical and Medical institutes||Members|
|One student representative each from graduate Programs||Members|
The Main functions of the Library council are:
- The Library Council plays a vital role in policy decisions related to
Collection development and utilization of the resources
Preservation & archiving of print & electronic resources including information generated by different institutes of the Gokul Educational Campus.
Purchase of resources
Building & space provision
- Every year it proposes library budget for all Institutes of GEC.
- It also discusses and deliberates on library services and activities related to information Literacy.
No. of Books : 20,424
- COMPACT DISC’S:
No. of CDs : 415
No. of National Journals subscribed: 58
No. of International Journals subscribed:22
- NEWS PAPERS / MAGAZINES:
No. of CDs : 415
- COMPACT DISC’S:
No. of News Papers :5
No. of News Papers :5
- DIGITAL LIBRARY:
No. of Computers:15
Library Software: – Librarian NANO+
Membership:- Developing Library Network (DELNET), National Digital Library (NDL)
- Monday to Saturday: 9:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
- Open stack access system facility has been provided to the faculties as well as students.
Users can borrow the selected book/s OR periodicals PERSONALLY from the stack.
- The facility of the issuing and receiving of the technical journals and it back volumes have
been also provided.
- The issuing and receiving facility of books and journals are also provided during the physical
verification of books in the summer vacation.
- Reprography facility is provided with nominal charges.
- College magazine “Gokul Abhivyakti” is also circulated from the library.
- News Papers and Magazines are also provided for preparation for comparative examination
and general awareness.
Monday – Saturday: 9:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
The library is closed on Sundays and all public holidays
- All users must observe total silence in the library and its environs at all times
- All users are required to show their college IDs to the security officer upon entrance to the library
- Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited in the library
- All bags, cases, folders etc. must be left in the luggage area outside the library.
- Users are not allowed to leave their baggage overnight in the library. The library shall not take any responsibility for loss of personal property or books already signed out to a user
- Users are not allowed to log in using their personal passwords at the search computers or to access the internet from there.
- All users are required to show all items to the security officer before leaving the library
- No student is allowed to enter the circulation area without the consent of the library staff
- Anyone caught marking, defacing or mutilating books or any other library material will be expected to pay for the material with the most current edition of the same
- Good order must be observed in the library at all times for example placing of feet on the furniture, eating and drinking, smoking, sleeping etc. will not be allowed
- Group discussions are only allowed in the discussion room and the noise must be kept to a minimum and should not disturb any other user in the library
- Use of sound equipments like radios, walkmans, cell phones etc. is strictly prohibited in the library and its environs
- Seats in the library may not be reserved
- Users are not allowed to reshelf books after removing them from the shelf. Leave the books on the table or on the trolley near the door
- No library equipment may be moved, modified or tampered with without permission from the librarian
- Borrowing period is strictly between 8:00am and 9:00pm on weekdays and 9:00am and 5:00pm on Saturdays
- A user must be a registered student in the current term to be able to use the library services
- All students must present their college ID before borrowing any library materials
- Library materials may not be removed from the library unless the library staff has properly issued them out
- Students are allowed to borrow a maximum of two books for a period of two weeks
- All borrowed materials must be returned on or before the due date
- Students are not allowed to borrow books on behalf of others or transfer borrowed materials to other students
- Students with overdue materials and overdue fines will not be allowed to use the library services
- All reserve materials must be returned at the specified time
DAMAGE/ LOSS OF LIBRARY MATERIALS
- All users will be held responsible for any damage or loss of library materials in their possession and will be required to meet the cost of replacement and processing
- Users must ensure that the books they borrow are in good condition to avoid being held responsible for any damages noted while returning the books
- Lost books must be reported to the librarian immediately and replaced or paid for within 30 days
- Lost library books that are recovered, must be handed to the librarian as they remain the property of the college library
EXCLUSION FROM THE USE OF THE LIBRARY
- The library committee shall have the power to suspend or exclude from use of the library any user who disregards the library rules and regulations
- The library staff have the right to ask students to leave the library if they are behaving inappropriately or causing disturbance to other users
Admission: The following people are allowed to use the library:
- All registered students of the campus
- Faculty and other staff in the campus
- Spouses and children of staff and students
- Known members of the community and those with a genuine need have limited access to the library
Borrowing : All registered students, faculty and staff have borrowing privileges in the library. Other people may use the library but do not have borrowing privileges.
Loan periods: The length of time that books may be borrowed is as follows:
- Students: Two books for two weeks, renewable once
- Faculty: Four books for semester
- Other Staff: Two books for semester